The PDB U8’s participated in the East Meadow 4v4 Tournament this past weekend for the first time, coached by Timothy Meyer, who currently plays with the PDB Men’s Team in the LISFL.
The boys started out in the PDB Soccer Clinics from the ages of 3 years old.
The program is designed to create a free play environment, which is designed to represent street soccer.
Some aspects of street soccer are:
- Playing against different ages – improves game insight
- A lot of ball contact through small group play.
- Coaches are only there to guide and supervise.
- No referees – players are their own referees.
- Positional responsibilities – each player has a role on the team.
- No pinnies – player play against players, not against cones. Therefore they must keep their head to look for teammates.
The U8’s will be begin training two-three times a week and will be playing in the JSS 4v4 league.
Check out the video of the boys playing together from the tournament.